All hardworking wraps need a little bit of TLC sometimes, it’s usually after a long life of hard service or maybe just a little accident somewhere along the line! But whatever the reason, our re-waxing bar is here to help. Re-waxing your wraps can keep them going strong for longer – like a lot longer, and repairing anything is much better for the planet than replacing it, so it’s great that you can give your wraps and bags a whole new lease of life and keep them going strong for much longer.
A little of our unique wax mix goes a long way so this bar will re-wax approximately
- 4 Medium Wraps
- or 3 Large Wraps
- or 2 Sandwich and snack bags
- or 2 Extra Large wraps
Follow the easy steps below on how to re-wax your wraps.
- Protect your ironing board with an old tea towel and wear old clothes or an apron – wax can get very messy. Lay a piece of parchment paper on the ironing board slightly larger than your wrap and have another piece the same size ready to place on top.
- Turn your iron to high with the steam function off.
- Grate or shave off small bits of wax from the bar – a little goes a long way and you can always repeat the process so go easy.
- Place the wax bits directly on to the areas of the wrap that need it most, then cover with the other piece of parchment, sandwiching the wrap and wax in between.
- Using your iron and a little pressure smooth over the bits of wax and they will begin to melt. Gently work away like this on each little area keeping your iron moving slowly so you don’t burn the fabric or the wax
- When each area has been repaired make one final pass over the entire wrap.
- Peel back the top layer of parchment and place to one side to use again. Immediately lift the wrap by the corners (be careful! it will be hot) and peel away from the backing parchment
- Waft in the air for 10-15 sec until the wax dries, then wait a further 10 minutes for the wax to set fully.
Note: Always be careful with hot irons and hot wax. You can remove wax from graters etc. by running under very hot water. Wax on fingers is best removed with a little hand cream first and then wash as normal.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.